Monday, December 12, 2011

Coureuse des Bois

You gotta love that fifteenth-century Canadian scarves are still in fashion, boys and girls.

My mother recently dug up some boxes from the basement filled with old scarves, mitts, and hats of mine.  In an attempt to sort what I would keep, I came across this beauty, which actually used to be one of my mom's. 

I used to wear it all the time in highschool, but of late I haven't been as addicted to scarves as I was.  I spent a wine-soaked eve the other week with a good friend of mine, which descended into looking through old high-school albums.  And the scarf problem was endemic, can I tell you.

However, I'm glad this baby made it through the plague and subsequent recovery 'cause it's just the right amount of historical and festive for my December tastes!  Paired with these green tights (I swear they err on the side of green and not teal in real life), anything red turns just an average outfit (all black in my world) into pure Christmas cheer!







Scarf - My Mom's
Coat - Urban Outfitters
Shirt - Forever 21
Skirt - Forever 21
Tights - Simons
Shoes - Forever 21

Well boys and girls, I just polished off my first box of clemintines!  Tomorrow I'll be spending the day buying supplies for the gifts I'll be making by hand and securing those that I won't.

I hope you're loving every single day of December as much as I am!

Love,

Your friend Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment