Monday, February 27, 2012

What's Wrong With a Bunch of Flowers

Little snapshots of history can be found anywhere, boys and girls!

I missed it the first time I watched it, but the narrator states very quickly at the beginning that  "if you want a new hat, now that hats are rationed, there are ways and means."  Now that hats are rationed.

I love these British Pathe Vintage Fashion videos on YouTube.  They're just so colourful, and such awesome examples of the history of everyday life.  I  love how it's narrated by a man, I love how joyless all of the models look, and I love the little digs about women spending their husband's money that they pepper into most of these vintage videos.


Well, I say love.  Love as in interest, not commend, haha!  For example, I LOVE the First World War.  I wouldn't have wished it to happen for all the world, but it's just SO INTERESTING.  So much changed about warfare, modern life, artistic expression, the list goes on and on.  Seriously though, if you ever wanna talk The Great War, I'm your gal.

And if you wanna talk hat rationing and turbans in the Second World War, I'm your gal for that too.

Love,

Your friend Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment