Sunday, October 23, 2011

Well You Sew What You Sew What You Say

Well last Friday night, I was the luckiest gal in Ottawa, boys and girls.

You see, one of my favourite bands was playing in Ottawa, but the show was all sold out.  My brother had tickets with his business partners, but I didn't get mine soon enough.  In a last ditch attempt, I texted him the morning of to see if anyone had dropped out on his end.  And not that I'd really revel in the misfortune of others, but one of his guys was sick so I got to go!

And so it was off to Maverick's to see Elliott BROOD.  They're a Toronto band who rock just the absolute hardest on a fleet of banjos, ukes, guitars, and drums.  I've been a fan since my friend introduced me to them at Bluesfest years ago.  They just came out with a new album, which is an absolute tour de force.  It's a lot softer than their older stuff, but each listen makes me love it more and more.  I've been listening to it on repeat since the second I got home with it in my hot little hands.

Their concert was an awesome amalagam of new and old.  I loved hearing their new album from the horses mouth, as it were, and the set list was a dream come true.  They played 'Write it All Down for You' for the finale and 'Miss You Now' for the encore (my two favourites, boys and girls).  Nothing like good old-fashioned foot stomping on a good old-fashioned Friday night!

Here's a few shots of them in all their bevested glory:


My fellow concergoers, Ryan, Steve, and Joey

In that northern air

Apparently they put this sign up after Elliott BROOD's last show there

Well I've been missin' all your kissin'

Hey hey hey!
We forgot that we were men and where we came from and where we laid our heads (boys and girls).

Love,

Your friend Lina



No comments:

Post a Comment