Thursday, October 6, 2011

Who Has Two Thumbs and Misses Bad Weather?

This guy!  That's who, boys and girls.

I won't go so far as to say I hate summer, but I might have to go so far as to say I hate summer.  I hate being hot, I hate humidity, I hate not being able to wear tights, sweaters, scarves, hats, I hate make-up running off my face.

Thanks Scrooge, do you also hate kittens and when the babies laugh?  I realise it's a silly thing to dislike, but I'm just a cold-weather gal.  Give me two pairs of tights, a parka, and -30 and I'm your man (girl).

This is why I was so excited the other day when it was rainy and freezing and miserable.  Layers!  I cried out.  Put on a cozy outfit to stay warm inside with!  And now it's sunny and in the mid-twenties again (at least this weekend will be).  And it's October!  I bought a bunch of super awesome big sweaters and blazers and things, boys and girls, and I haven't been able to wear them yet.  I just hate waste, that's what it is! Haha!

Anyway, here's a room-cleaning, book-reading, nap-taking outfit I wore the other day when it was delightfully disgusting outside.  Here's to climatic unpleasantness and still having to take photos with my laptop!

Poppin' dem collars like it ain't no thang


Skeletons are the best bedtime buddies


The outfit if I were studious and could see things


I may be short, but I can still look sternly up down my long nose at you

Black Shirt - Forever 21
Plaid Shirt - Simons (a year-and-a-half ago)
Cardigan - American Apparel
Jeggings (yes, yes, shut up) - H&M

So, yes, however much I bemoan sunshine and warm rays wrapping you in an embrace like the awkward side-hug from a friend you don't like, I'm still super looking forward to this weekend.  The whole extended family will be descending onto our house like so many enthusiastic birds.  There will be much drinking, eating, gadding, and laughing.  It's one of my favourite weekends of the whole year!  So Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Grr, arg, mmm,

Your friend Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment